Quess Global is a division of Quess Corp Limited, is a leading Global Integrated Business services provider operation in four broad segments: Global Technology Solutions , people and services , Integrated facilities management and industrials.
Headquartered in Bengaluru, we have a pan-India presence with 65 offices across 34 cities, as well as operations in North America, the Middle East and South East Asia.
As of December 31, 2016, we have over 158,000 employees across the globe. (BSE: 539978, NSE: QUESS) | http://www.quesscorp.com
QuessGlobal Malaysia SdnBhd, is located at Q Sentral Building KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. | http://www.quessapac.com
Roles and Responsibility
Position : HR Manager
Work Location : Penang
Mode of Employment : Permanent
Salary : 6500-9800
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advice and guidance to Leadership Team as part of the local management team member on employee relations matters
- Work closely with APAC HR team to drive continuous improvement
- Provides advice to HR business partners on country regulations/ policies and practices.
- Championing the organization's values and culture.
- Sets targets, implement guidelines and provide guidance to the local based HR Team – Country HR Operations, Talent Acquisition and HR Services Delivery team
- Provide support and ensure team understand team’s objectives and achieving the same goals
- Foster a cohesive, creative and comfortable working environment
- Provide leadership and direction where necessary
Talent Acquisition & Management
- Developing talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans for Malaysia
- Lead employment branding initiatives
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience
- Ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of Talent Acquisition activities by using metrics
Employee Communication & Relation
- Escalates queries of a more complex nature to HR Business Partners, COE or next level management
- Ensure HR matters handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company’s requirements
- Manage complains, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings
- HR Representative for cross-functional site events: facility integration, CSR (corp. social responsibility)
HR Policy and process
- Responsible for Malaysia HR policies/processes establishment and maintenance, with related SOP and SOX control. (including but not limited to On boarding and off boarding; Payroll inputs; Leave management; Holiday schedule; Benefits program administration; Employee contracts management; Performance management; Training coordination; HR Reports & documentations)
- As a country expert to work with regional SME (COE) team for the rewards, talent acquisition, T&OD, etc.
- Coaching and trainings to the managers/employees for the HR knowledges, policies and processes as required.
Country compliance and governance
- Ensure HR policies compliance to local legislation and practice;
- Responsible for country specific policy/process/procedure development, documentation, communication;
- Responsible for government survey, government filing;
- Responsible for external and internal auditing;
- Responsible for employee termination case
- Responsible for vendor management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years as a client facing HR generalist with 3 years in a Team Lead capacity
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, ability to build good business relations internally and externally.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel and numerically inclined.
- Able to analyze and present information effectively
- Demonstrable experience in managing redundancy or other relevant HR projects
- HR related experience in post M&A integration projects will be an added advantage.
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organized, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Result oriented, able to prioritize and manage deliverables with multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible, collaborative and able to take initiative in finding solutions to difficult and sensitive issues
- Able to work effectively with all levels of employee