IT Software - Network Administration / Security
Quess Global is a division of Quess Corp Limited, is a leading Global Integrated Business services provider operation in four broad segments: Global Technology Solutions , people and services , Integrated facilities management and industrials.
Headquartered in Bengaluru, we have a pan-India presence with 65 offices across 34 cities, as well as operations in North America, the Middle East and South East Asia.
As of December 31, 2016, we have over 158,000 employees across the globe. (BSE: 539978, NSE: QUESS) | http://www.quesscorp.com
QuessGlobal Malaysia SdnBhd, is located at Q Sentral Building KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. | http://www.quessapac.com
Roles and Responsibility
Position : Network L1
Work Location : Kuala Lampur
Mode of Employment : Permanent
- Network L1 engineer with a focus on network incidents and troubleshooting.
- This position is for a network engineer in a technical support environment. This is a hands-on role where operational supportis required in networkTroubleshooting, Installation, Maintenance, Inventory
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in a team responsible for the Network troubleshooting, Configuration, Installation, Maintenance and related software and services.
- Acts as a L1 support engineer on all networking-related technologies used in the systems infrastructure, as well as have knowledge of network applications / related services
- Interfaces with Network Lead, Technical Managers, and End-users to work on network and related incidents and issues
- Possesses technical knowledge and organizational skills to work in multi vendorenvironmentwhich has high visibility and high impact on the business.
- Understands the criticality and need of high availability of network infrastructure and ready to take suitable decision while adhering to SLAs and compliance
- Will work with vendors to help us maintain supported configurations for key services.
- Ready to travel to different sites / locations on a short notice and ensure reachability of self via call / email
- Ready to work on weekends and extended / off hours as and when the network operations need arise
- This is a hands-on role where significant participation in network support activities will be expected, including technical problem solving and / or performing technical maintenance
- 3 years of experience in a technical support environment working with Cisco products (knowing others like Juniper or Avaya switching is an added advantage)
- Network troubleshooting, Configuration, Installation, Maintenance and Inventory / Upkeep
- Understanding of and Practical Experience in Wide Range of Cisco products like 3560, 3750, 4500,6500 switches and 1800,1900,2800,3800,3900 Routers and 5500 Wireless Controllers and Access Points
- Good hands-on experience in LAN and Wirelesstechnologies and knowledge on WAN link issueisolation
- Practical experience in Cisco router and switch IOS upgradation and troubleshooting
- CCNA certification or training (Mandatory)
- Banking domain preferred
Required Technical Skills:
- Network troubleshooting is paramount for this role
- Worked on any incident management tool like Remedy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio
- Layer-2 Protocols such as STP, VTP, Link Aggregation etc.
- Layer-3 Protocols such as ARP, RARP, OSPF etc.
- Network Services such as DHCP, DNS etc.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Wireless and Access Points